The Asian Regional Section (ARS) of the International Association for Statistical Computing (IASC) is established by the Council in accordance with art. 12 of the IASC Statutes in 1993 by the name of the East Asian Regional Section (EARS) and the name is changed to the Asian Regional Section in 1998.
It is composed of the members of the IASC residing in Asia. Our mission:
- To organize international or regional seminars, conferences, meetings. In particular, the ARS shall be responsible for arranging Asian meetings on computational statistics, which are abbreviated to IascAsian meetings hereafter;
- To promote research and training programmes on theoretical and practical aspects of computational statistics;
- To foster evaluations of statistical computing techniques and programs;
- To publish scientific periodicals and books, reports and newsletters, independently or in cooperation with other organizations;
- To collaborate with other bodies having similar objectives.
- Event: NZSA Student & Early Career Network Event at The 2017 IASC-ARS/NZSA Joint Statistics Conference
- Theme: From Game of Thrones to Gilmore Girls: How Parrot Analytics Uses Data to Find Out What’s Popular Around the Globe.
- Date: December 11, 2017 Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Place: The Bluestone Room 11 Durham Lane, Auckland
- Highlight: Open bar & light dinner provided.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org